Metallurgy is the Science and Technology of metals. Metallurgists study the various material compounds and their strengths. These particular experts possess numerous specialized tools to bring the metallic qualities into a clearer focus to look for impurities.
Some examples of these specialized tools are optical and electron microscopes, material strength and composition testing, and X-rays.
In order to reveal failure origins and causes, even the experienced eye requires accurate and insightful forensic analysis because answers usually are not readily apparent from the normal visual examination of the physical evidence.
See also: Forensic Lab Needs, Propane Gas Explosion Expert
- Did the pipe break due to rust or corrosion or did someone bend or otherwise damage it?
- Was the fracture the cause or result of the explosion?
- Was failure due to overload or years of normal use?
- Is the material or weld quality to standard?
- Did electrical arcing occur before the fire or as a secondary effect?
• Equipment Failure Expert Analysis
• Materials Science
• Large Pipeline Explosions
• Vehicle Component Fractures
• Metal Fatigue of Compressor Components
• Corrosion Analysis
• Cracking of Structural Plastics
• Fracture Mechanics and Analysis
• Hardness and Strength Testing
• Chemical Analysis
• Stress Evaluations
• Pipeline Damage
• SEM Analysis
• Electron/Optical Microscopy
• X-ray Examination
Give us a call today. We will give you further information about our services.